Find the answers to all of your questions here!
Who can run for (Insert position here)?
- First years can run for First and Second year representative
- Third years can run for Third year representative
- Fourth years can run for Fourth Year representative
- Students in any year can run for Senator, Ombudsperson, AMS Rep and President!
I missed the Elections Information Session. Can I still run for a position?
Of course! Check out all of the information here to figure out just exactly what you have to do. Remember if you have any questions, feel free to email Dorothy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How many people am I allowed to nominate for any position?
You’re allowed to nominate up to two people for any position.
Who am I allowed to vote for?
Similar to the candidates, the voters of a representative position must be of a certain year.
- First years can vote for First and Second-year representative
- Third years can vote for Third-year representative
- Fourth years can vote for Fourth-Year representative
- Students in any year can vote for Senator, Ombudsperson, AMS Rep and President!
How do I even vote?
Voting takes less than a minute! There are a few simple steps that you have to follow:
1. Visit bit.ly/cusvoting
2. Log in with your UBC CWL username and password
3. Click on the link that directs you to the CUS Elections voting ballot that you are looking for.
Voting will be open for 72 hours after the end of the campaigning period.
What if I don’t want to vote for any of the candidates?
There will be a “No Vote” option on the voting page as well. We hope that you’ve researched all of the candidates before you do this!
Where can I find details about the entire process, start to finish?
You’re looking for the How to Apply page. You’ll find it all there!
Am I allowed to put up posters or hand out leaflets (flyers or handouts) in the Henry Angus building?
No. This goes against the Elections Code of Procedure (Article 4, Section G, Sub-Section III and IV) which will result in serious consequences. If you are unsure about anything while campaigning, contact the Elections Committee and we’ll be happy to sorted it out!
Still have an unanswered question? Email the Elections Committee Chair at email@example.com with any questions or concerns you may have with anything related to elections. Whether you’re a candidate running in the elections or a student with a question, let us know!